Establish a wired connection to the network via the Ethernet cable. The built-in Ethernet ports lets you connect your HP Officejet Pro x476dw printing devices securely to the computers.
123 HP Officejet Pro X476dw setup
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP:
Before you can un-box the entire printer package, check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the 123.hp.com/ojprox476dw printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the HP ojprox476dw printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the colour coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw printer.
To install drivers from HP website
- Switch ON your 123.hp.com/ojprox476dw printer.
- If you have connected your printer, to the computer via a USB cable, then disconnect it.
- Now from your computer, go to setup ojpro x476dw.
- Enter the printer model for which the drivers are to be installed, and click Begin.
- You will be redirected to the Download page.
- Click Download, and follow the on screen instructions thereon.
HP Officejet Pro x476dw Fax Setup
- YOU NEED:
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the printer’s adapter.
- TO SETUP:
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your HP x476dw printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the 123.hp.com/ojprox476dw printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.