Establish a wired connection to the network via the Ethernet cable. The built-in Ethernet ports lets you connect your Officejet Pro 8710 printing devices securely to the computers.
First Time HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP:
Before you can un-box the entire 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer package, check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the Officejet Pro 8710 printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the colour coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup
- Click the wireless button, which looks like an antenna with two blue curves on its either side.
- The blue light indicates it is ON.
- Now click the SETTINGS button
- Select HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup Wizard on this screen and select YES and follow the on screen instructions.
- The 123 HP printer detects all the networks available. Select your router name from the list.
- You will be prompted to enter your network password.
- If you do not know it, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Follow the on screen instructions and confirm your connection to the wireless network.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Fax Setup
- YOU NEED:
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the Officejet Pro 8710 printer’s adapter.
- TO SETUP:
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to setup your Ojpro 8710 printer as a fax machine.