Establish a wired connection to the network via the Ethernet cable. The built-in Ethernet ports lets you connect your HP Officejet Pro 8660 Setup printing devices securely to the computers.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8660 Wireless Setup?
- Click the wireless button, which looks like an antenna with two blue curves on its either side.
- The blue light indicates it is ON.
- Now click the SETTINGS button.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard on this screen and select YES and follow the on screen instructions.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro8660 printer detects all the networks available. Select your router name from the list.
- You will be prompted to enter your network password.
- If you do not know it, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Follow the on screen instructions and confirm your connection to the wireless network.
The instructions shown below can be used to manually update any driver software on your computer.
- Go to Control Panel → Device Manager.
- All the drivers of the devices are listed here.
- Select the required driver, and right- click. From the drop down box, select ‘Update Driver Software’.
- Select ‘Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software’.
- Follow the on screen instructions and install the driver.
- After the installation, restart your computer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8660 Setup
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP:
Before you can un-box the entire 123.hp.com/ojpro8660 printer package, check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the HP Officejet Pro 8660 Setup from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the colour coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8660 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8660 Fax Function
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed HP Officejet Pro 8660 ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the HP 8660 printer’s adapter.
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your 123.hp.com/ojpro8660 printer is connected.
- From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to setup your HP Officejet Pro 8660 printer as a fax machine.