The Installation method given below is for wired network- capable models of HP Oj 8100 printers. Make sure your 123.hp.com/oj8100 printer model has an Ethernet cable, and supports wired connections to a network.
Make sure you choose the Wired Network or Ethernet option, when prompted to choose a connection type during installation.
• A network router
• A switch or hub with available Ethernet ports is required if the router does not have any free ports.
• An Ethernet cable, a standard telephone cable must not be used.
Connect the printer to the network:
• Switch ON the printer.
• Remove the plastic plug or the protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer. It is usually found near the power outlet. The Ethernet port is thus shaped.
• Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer’s port and connect its other end to the router, switch or hub.
NOTE: The Ethernet cable is connected to the printer and the router, switch or hub. This connection makes sure that the printer is found by the computer during the installation process.
• The HP Officejet 8040 printer must be Switched ON.
• If a USB cable is connected from the printer to the computer, then disconnect it.
• Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
• If prompted, select a method to identify your printer’s model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.
• Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.