123.hp.com/setup 6230 First Time Printer Instruction Setup Guide
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP:
Before you can un-box the entire printer package, check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
• Once you take out the 123.hp.com/oj6230 printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
• Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
• Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
• Open the printer and you’ll see an ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
• Close the HP 6230 ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the colour coded ink box in a few minutes.
• Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP OfficeJet Pro 6230 printer.
123.hp.com/setup 6230 Officejet Wireless Setup & Install
• Click the wireless button, which looks like an antenna with two blue curves on its either side. The blue light indicates it is ON.
• Now click the SETTINGS button
• Select Wireless Setup Wizard on this screen and select YES and follow the on screen instructions.
• The 123.hp.com/oj6230 printer detects all the networks available. Select your router name from the list.
• You will be prompted to enter your network password. If you do not know it, contact your Internet Service Provider.
• Follow the on screen instructions and confirm your connection to the wireless network.
123.hp.com/setup 6230 Fax Settings
• An active telephone landline.
• Installed HP Officejet 6230 ink cartridges.
• Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
• The telephone cord of the printer’s adapter.
• Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your HP 123.hp.com/setup 6230 printer is connected.
• From the rear of the printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
• Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT. Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
• Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
• Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the 123.hp.com/oj6230 printer control panel.
• Select Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.
123-hp.ca is only for providing general guidelines about how to set up and use a printer. We are a third-party service provider who functions to produce absolute information, images and instructions only for references and not for any other purpose.