Establish a wired connection to the network via the Ethernet cable. The built-in Ethernet ports lets you connect your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printing devices securely to the computers.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Support
HP Officejet 5740 Setup and Driver Installation
UNBOXING AND SETTING UP:
Before you can un-box the entire printer package, check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
- Once you take out the Oj5740 printer from the box, remove all the tape and packing substance off the printer.
- Pull out the paper tray and removing the tapes. Put the paper tray back into the place.
- Take out the wire that’s provided along with the package.
- Open the printer and you’ll see an HP 5740 ink cartridge area. Remove the remaining packaging material from there as well.
- Close the ink cartridge. Ink cartridge area is where you’ll place the colour coded ink box in a few minutes.
- Plug in one side of the wire into the socket while the other into the back side of the HP OfficeJet 5740 printer.
- More information click here 123.hp.com/oj5740.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup
- Click the wireless button, which looks like an antenna with two blue curves on its either side.
- The blue light indicates it is ON.
- Now click the SETTINGS button
- Select HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup Wizard on this screen and select YES and follow the on screen instructions.
- The 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer detects all the networks available. Select your router name from the list.
- You will be prompted to enter your network password.
- If you do not know it, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Follow the on screen instructions and confirm your connection to the wireless network.
HP Officejet 5740 Fax Function
- YOU NEED:
- An active telephone landline.
- Installed ink cartridges.
- Plain white paper loaded into the input tray.
- The telephone cord of the printer’s adapter.
- TO SETUP:
- Unplug any telephone device from the phone jack to which your 123 HP Setup 5740 printer is connected.
- From the rear of the HP Officejet 5740 printer remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Unplug your answering machine from the phone jack and then, connect the answering machines phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT.
- Connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the printer.
- Make sure, to use the phone cord that comes with the printer, to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, else your printer might not fax properly.
- Press the Fax icon on the Home Screen of the printer control panel.
- Select 123 HP Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions to set up your printer as a fax machine.
123-hp.ca We are an independent service provider in offering technical assistance and support for printers. The images, design and content displayed on our website do not show any impact on other similar businesses. We are not associated with HP. We are not responsible for the loss of data on your device while downloading the files from our website.